The museum can be a suitable place to come together when the mood is not festive. We can host a reception style event on Mondays and in the evenings. Evening events have to be booked with us at least six days in advance. Small receptions, for 20 people or fewer, may be possible at short notice, however, on any day or evening.
- Up to 200 people maximum, unseated.
- Choose your own caterer. We don't take commission from caterers, so you don't have to pay more.
- Available from 1630 Tuesdays to Sundays or any time on Mondays.
- Small receptions in our conference room can be any day or evening and short notice bookings may be possible (up to 20 people).
- Our own mooring
- Street parking is free in the evenings.
- Some tables and chairs are provided free. No charge for coat rails, or use of kitchen. No corkage charges. No charge for reasonable refuse disposal.
- Both floors are accessible to wheelchair users, via lifts.
- Available until 2300.
- Conference room can be booked for storage and preparations before or after the event.
- Excellent public transport including at night.
- Six days' notice needed for evening bookings for more than 20 people.
- Public address available
- Wine glasses are available for hire from us if required.
A memorial reception may need to be arranged quickly and we will always try to respond to enquiries rapidly. The museum is suitable for gatherings of guests who have come together to remember someone. Either the spacious first floor can be used, or the more intimate ground floor.
Please note that we do not host events for more than 20 people during the daytime on Tuesdays to Sundays. For evening events to be attended by more than 20 people we need your booking at least six days in advance.
We can provide a range of furniture and there is a small kitchen, to which caterers bring their own equipment. We have a small public address unit. Wine glasses are available for hire. You are free to use the outside caterers of your choice, whether they bring in drinks, snacks or more substantial meal.. We can organise a cloakroom and of course there are separate ladies and gents toilets, plus a toilet for disabled persons. Power supplies are available around the walls of the museum so that nowhere is far from one if you need to use electrical equipment. The ground floor comprises displays and the Museum Shop and there is access to the canalside from there. There is approximately 300 square metres of circulating space. On the first floor are more exhibits and a larger circulating area.