Terms and Condions of booking for tunnel boat trips and other bookable events
A. Conditions that apply to all bookings
- Payment is made at the time of booking by debit or credit card
using the third-party services of Paypal. If the payment is not completed, you
do not have a booking.
- Bookings are processed on behalf of the museum by Golden Tours Ltd. who will take payment
- Refunds are not available. Bookings are not refundable.
- If you need to change your booking we may be able to help if we
believe we will be able to re-sell the places that have been given up. Changes
are at our discretion and will not necessarily be made. Changes can only be
requested in writing by post or e-mail, not by telephone or in person. The
address is email@example.com or you can use the
Online Booking Support Form
- Tickets are not sent to you by post, only by e-mail. When a booking has been made an e-mail
will be sent to you automatically to confirm the details.
- A booking fee of £1 per booking is payable if you book by
B. Conditions that apply to all bookings that include a boat
- Persons travelling on the boat must not be under the influence of
alcohol or drugs. Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the
opinion of the skipper will not be allowed on board. The skipper's decision is
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Babies-in-arms require a child ticket
- Safety on board is paramount - crew safety instructions must be
followed at all times
- Anyone may be required to leave the boat if they present a safety
or other hazard to the boat or the occupants. The skipper in charge has the
- The boat will not wait for anyone who does not arrive in time for
the trip. You are advised to arrive early.
- No smoking, alcohol, or drugs are permitted on board boats
- We will do our best to maintain the planned timetable but this
cannot be guaranteed. Boats may be held up due to a range of causes over which
we have no control. There are no discounts or refunds for delays that are
normal to canal operations and the tunnel rules applied by the navigation
authority, the Canal and River Trust. We have no right of way over other craft and must
give way to craft already inside the tunnel, we may also need to hold boats
approaching the museum mooring so that safe loading/unloading may be effected.
- In the event of a boat breaking down or other unplanned stoppage
due to circumstances beyond our control we will refund fees paid or offer an
alternative trip or route.
- Deck space is limited outside and we encourage passengers to move
around the boat during the trip, so that all those on board have a chance to
travel on the front deck for at least part of the trip. There is ample space
inside the cabin.
- A short safety talk will be given before boarding and all
passengers must make themselves available to listen to this.Persons who are
clearly not paying attention to the safety talk (e.g. using a mobile telephone)
may be denied boarding.